See the list below for HIV Counseling, Testing and Referral trainings scheduled for 2016. Before completing your application, select both your first and second choice. Please review “How the Waiting Lists Work” (below) before making your first and second choice of training date/location. You can also click on the links on the right to get the location and map for each training.
This training is funded by the State of North Carolina. Participants must cover their own travel expenses.
WEDNESDAY 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; THURSDAY 8:30 a.m to 5 p.m.
Students must be present and actively participate in the entire training to receive their certificates of attendance.
2018 Training Calendar
- January 10-11, 2018 in Charlotte
- February 21-22, 2018 in Raleigh
- April 18-19, 2018 in Winston-Salem
- May 30-31, 2018 in Raleigh
- July 11-12, 2018 in Wilmington
- October 3-4, 2018 in Wilson
- TBA Charlotte (second session at this location)
- TBA Greensboro
Please check back periodically. Additional training dates will be added as they are confirmed.
How the Waiting Lists Work:
- Every training has its own independent waiting list. Waiting lists are processed about 7-10 days prior to the date of the training.
- Because each waiting list is independent of the others, the fact that the applicant was accepted for her/his second choice does not mean s/he is accepted for her/his first choice.
- Example A: An applicant on the waiting list has indicated a first choice of a training date in February and second choice of a training date in March. There is no space available in February but s/he remains on the waiting list for March, so there is still an opportunity to be placed in her/his second choice training.
- Example B: An applicant on the waiting list has indicated a first choice of a training date in March and second choice of a training date in February. There is space available in February and s/he is confirmed for that training. S/he turns down that opportunity hoping to be placed in her/his first choice, which occurs a month later. There is no space when the waiting list for March is processed so s/he has missed the opportunity to attend the training.