North Carolina’s Department of Health and Human Services contracts with Whetstone Consultations to provide the required 2-day HIV Counseling, Testing and Referral Training. This skill-building training is designed to help organizations in North Carolina to counsel and test a wide-range of people for HIV in a variety of settings using a variety of technologies.
Persons wanting to attend this training must complete the application process described below. Priority will be given to persons working in agencies funded by the North Carolina Communicable Disease Branch.
- Please read all of the steps for making an application before you begin.
- No registrations will be taken over the phone. All persons wanting to attend must personally register through this website.
- Click on the page listed above entitled “Application” and answer all of the questions.
- The application includes your personal/agency information as well as a 20-question pre-test. You are required to score at least a 70% to be accepted into the training. If you do not pass, you will receive an email from our office giving you an opportunity to retake the test.
- Whetstone Consultations is required to give certain agencies priority placement. Please read the information below regarding the training criteria.
- If you are placed in the training and then find that you are unable to attend, please notify us immediately. Failure to forfeit your spot may jeopardize you and persons from your agency from attending in the future. This is a highly sought after training so help us make sure that no spots are left empty.
- You should receive an email from us regarding the status of your application within 7-10 days. If you have not heard from us in that time, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Email is the best form of communication. You are NOT accepted into a class until you receive official notification from us.
The target audience for this training is people doing or planning to do HIV counseling and testing such as state health department staff, local health department staff or agencies funded by the Communicable Disease Branch for such services. Persons doing HIV Counseling, Testing and Referral at other venues or providing others services such as HIV case management are admitted as space allows.
This training is NOT for persons who simply need HIV contact hours for certification.